Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Re-Use, Re-Cycle, Re-Purpose

Everywhere I go these days I am looking at things in a new perspective. I'm trying to see things not as they are, but as they could be. I'm transforming vintage buttons into pendants. I'm creating magnets from game pieces and vintage findings. I'm saving junk. I'm looking for odd hardware and breaking thrift store china. Why? I want to save unique treasures from the past by crafting them into new usable items. My present project is vintage inspired magnets, using bottle caps, Rollabind disks, and any small piece of interesting recycled treasure. I'm also breaking up china to use in mosaics. And I have plans for old silverware, used Christmas cards, cups and saucers, and more! This mosaic tray is a work in progress made from a wooden thrift store purchased base and broken dinner plates. Once it's grouted and the wood is finished off with a sealer, it will make a great presentation tray.

If you'd like to see some of my newest magnets, read my post about them on All Vintage All the Time. I'd also love to hear about your recycled projects.

2 comments:

waiting4love said...

I love your work! I love the broken tile mosaics and hope one day soon to have a patio to make some tables for lol. Right now I just need to get well so I can leave this room and do some long wanted projects! Keep up the good work!

natalie said...

Cool tray! Reducing junk should be everyone's priority, creating something beautiful out of it is an added bonus!