Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Altered Postcards

Postcards do not usually come to mind when one thinks of altered art, but they are one of my favorite mediums. Lots of people who do "altered postcards" simply take a PC, white it out, and make their own. In my opinion, that is not altering, but re-using. I prefer to take a card and alter the theme. White out with gesso only the areas you want to change, then decoupage or stamp the card. Of course, if you're using a rare or vintage card, use a copy for your altering rather than the original. You'll end up with a unique card to send or to frame.





1 comment:

Kristen Andrews said...

Hi there I love your work, I love everything vintage. I am a fellow Etsian also but saw you on talentdatabase. I would love to add a link to your blog on my blog.

Regards,
Kristen